30 Days to Mount Kenya Point Lenana
If you are an avid hiker with some experience hiking diverse trails and you now feel ambitious about climbing Mount Kenya, our Mount Kenya crash program is just for you. Designed to meet the needs of intermediate hikers and hiking enthusiasts with average to above-average fitness, this one month package prepares you physically and equips you with the knowledge and skills you need to successfully climb Mount Kenya up to Point Lenana.
In the program, we make the trek step by step towards your goals as we challenge ourselves to set new personal milestones and encourage you to do the same. The Mount Kenya Crash program is a three-event outdoor fitness course, specially designed to help you attain three key requirements: building endurance, maintaining fitness, and altitude acclimatization.
Mount Kenya Crash Program Schedule
We kick off the program with a one-hour virtual session four days before the first event. The session’s goal is to get acquainted with the team and get a run-through of the program and what to expect. This will include Q&A.
We kick off the hiking schedule with a gentle, beautiful, long hike across the Mount Kipipiri Forest. Our 13km walk to the summit takes us to 3,363m ASL before taking a steep 4.5km descent.
2024 Dates: Jan 13
Our second and final prep hike takes us to the brutally steep 6km Table Mountain trail in the Northern Nyandarua moorlands up to 3,792m ASL. Our primary goals in this program are to build up endurance and acclimatize to high elevation, and Table Mountain delightfully delivers both as we set sights on our ultimate goal in a few days.
2024 Dates: Jan 27
Having put in the work, we finally undertake the pilgrimage to Kenya's highest point reachable by foot. Our route choice is the Sirimon route on a three-day expedition. Our journey starts at the Sirimon Gate, near Nanyuki, with stops at the Old Moses Camp (3,300m) and Shiptons Camp (4,200m), before attempting the ascent to Mt. Kenya Point Lenana (4,985m), where we hope to conquer ourselves.
2024 Dates: Feb 2-4
Charges, Package & Cancellation Policy
Mount Kenya Crash Program Charges
- Kenyan Citizens, Residents & East Africans: Ksh 49,000/=
- 1st Installment - Pay Ksh 19,000/= by Jan 9.
- 2nd Installment - Clear the package balance by Jan 23
Mpesa Buy Goods till 989985
Other costs you will incur in the Mount Kenya training program
Hiking gear: second-hand hiking gear - Ksh 25,000-40,000; brand new hiking gear - From Ksh 80,000/=
Tips at the Mount Kenya expedition - from Ksh 2,000
Mount Kenya Crash Program Package Includes
- Progressive training throughout the course of the program:
- Training materials and discussions in a WhatsApp group
Two virtual Q&A group calls
- Unlimited consulting with various Outdoorer Champions
- Transport from Nairobi and back for all events
- Park fees & charges at all events
- Guide services at all events
- Paramedic services at all events
- A liter of water, glucose, and fruits at the day hikes
- Services of a professional team of guides, cooks, and porters at Mt. Kenya
- Full-board accommodation in dorms at Mt. Kenya
Package DOES NOT include
- Hiking gear, clothes, and other personal effects
- Sleeping bag and porter's backpack
- Anything else not mentioned in the 'Package Includes' list
Mount Kenya Crash Program Cancellation and Refunds Policy
– You can cancel free of charge before January 10.
– If you cancel between January 10 and January 20, Ksh 10,000 will be retained to cover administration costs and accrued reservation costs. The balance will be refunded.
– If you cancel between January 21 and January 28, Ksh 20,000 will be retained to cover administration costs and accrued reservation costs. The balance will be refunded.
– If you cancel on or after January 29, no refund will be issued.
– Participation in the prep hikes is mandatory, otherwise, no adjustments will be made to the final cost.
– No refunds will be issued where participation is denied due to non-compliance with the rules and regulations, safety guidelines, and/or the failure to comply with the minimum gear requirements.
– No-shows forfeit the entire deposits paid up.