Quarterly Outdoorer Mt Kenya Sirimon Route
Experience the Thrill of the Climb on a Less Arduours Mt. Kenya Trail
If you are an intermediate or advanced hiker looking to get to Mt. Kenya Point Lenana on a less arduous expedition, the Outdoorer Mt Kenya Sirimon Route climb is a perfect choice. We set out on a journey through the popular Mt. Kenya route as we dive into the magic of Mt. Kenya. Our ultimate goal is to conquer ourselves by getting to Point Lenana, the third-highest peak of Mt. Kenya, rising to an elevation of 4,985m ASL. The three-day experience through the Outdoorer Mt Kenya Sirimon Route Climb begins and ends at the Sirimon Gate. We will set out to experience the breathtaking views of the Sirimon Route, including the Sirimon Gorge, Likii North Valley, Mackinder Valley, and the glorious views across the expanse on the journey to Point Lenana.
2023 Dates: April 14-16, June 9-11, October 13-15
Outdoorer Mt Kenya Sirimon Route Climb Itinerary
DAY 1: Nairobi – Nanyuki – Old Moses Camp (3,300m)
07:30 a.m:- Meet up with Team Outdoorer opposite International House street Parking, City Hall Way, for briefing and gear inspection.
09:00 a.m:- Departure for Mt. Kenya Sirimon Gate
After registration at the gate, we drive a further 9km on a well-paved road through the forest to get to Old Moses Camp. This will be our home for the night. We shall have our lunch and then take a light 2.5km stroll to the weather station in the afternoon for altitude acclimatization, before coming back to the camp. Later on, we will have our evening tea, snacks, and dinner and retire early, in readiness for what day 2 has to offer.
Day 2:- Trek to Shiptons Camp (4,200m)
Max elevation gain:- 900m
After breakfast, we hit the trail to our next camp on the Outdoorer Mt Kenya Sirimon Route Climb. Our 14km hiking trail takes us past three river crossings and the breathtaking Likii and Mackinder Valleys. Should the weather be favorable, prepare to be enchanted by the glorious views of the peaks throughout the day, as they beckon us closer and closer, urging us to take them on. We shall make a brief stop by a river at Lunch Point, where we shall have our packed lunch. Our ascent ends at the Shiptons Camp, right below the peaks. This will be our home for the night.
Day 3:- Conquering ourselves at Point Lenana (4,985m) – Home Sweet Home
Hiking Distance: 19km
Max elevation gain:- 785m
We wake up at 2 a.m, have breakfast immediately, and begin our steep 2.5km trek to Point Lenana (4,985m ASL) by 2:45 a.m. An early ascent guarantees us magical views of sunrise at dawn from the summit if we make it on time.
After conquering ourselves at Point Lenana, we hit the trail again down the steep descent back to Shiptons Camp. We shall have breakfast, collect our packed lunch, and then take on the 14 km trek down to Old Moses Camp. Here we shall board our vehicles and hit the road for Nairobi. We hope our hearts will be fuller and our souls richer, as we walk out boldly, having unlocked Mt. Kenya 4985.
ETA at Old Moses Camp: 4-6 p.m
Points to Consider
- Pre-expedition altitude acclimatization increases your chances of getting to Point Lenana without experiencing severe altitude sickness. Consider undertaking a preparatory hike to 3,500m above sea level within the week preceding the expedition.
- Do not travel to low altitude within the week preceding the expedition. Doing so greatly decreases your body’s ability to acclimatize with elevation gain and, consequently, increases the risk of altitude sickness.
- Come with an open mind. The goal is to attempt the summit push. You shall never conquer the mountain; you can only conquer yourself.
- On tipping, it is customary to tip porters and crew on mountaineering expeditions. You are not obliged, but we recommend carrying tips in cash–just in case you decide to tip. Tipping into the collective kitty is, traditionally, fairer than tipping specific members of the crew.
- Kenyan & East African Citizens - 35,000/=
- Foreigner with Kenyan Residency - 35,000/=
- Non-Resident Foreigner - 60,000/=
Trip Includes & Cancellation Policy